Corporate Dental Insurance
It has long been said that poor health is a symptom of poor dental care. Nowadays it is far easier to provide sums to assist in paying for necessary dental procedures and ensuring prompt attention rather than ‘putting it off’.
Corporate Dental Insurance Plans & Cover
In recent years there has been a significant increase in the cost of dental care. Under NHS arrangements a patient currently pays £4.92 for a basic examination, but could face a bill of up to £354 for a single course of treatment.
Private dental charges are unregulated, so dentists charge whatever they feel is appropriate and a charge of over £15 for a simple check-up would not be unusual.
It is hardly surprising that around 2 million people now take out some form of cover to help with their charges and corporate schemes are becoming an increasingly popular option. With over 15 million working days a year lost as a result of preventable dental causes, corporate schemes offer advantages to both employers and their employees:
- Reduction in staff absenteeism
- Dental insurance aid staff recruitment and generate company loyalty, as plans tend to be tied to employment
- Cover is perceived as a major benefit as regular use is actively encouraged and the cost of treatment is continually rising
- Corporate dental schemes provide better value than individual products
- Company paid premiums can be offset against Corporation Tax
Insured dental schemes have experienced significant growth in the last few years and no other single benefit is expected to expand at the same rate over the next ten years. With cover costing from as little as £3 per month it is hardly surprising that around 25% of companies are looking to introduce corporate dental benefits whether as a company paid plan, in a flexible benefit scheme programme or on a purely voluntary basis.
Dental cover can range from basic accident and emergency cover to those designed to offset expensive private fees. Plans are simple to understand, with reimbursements made in accordance with a benefit schedule, with minimal administration by the client.
Premier Healthcare Management has a choice of plans available, offering between them:
- Free choice of dentist, either NHS or private
- No dental checks required for acceptance onto the plan
- All pre-existing conditions covered (except oral cancer)
- Immediate cover – all treatment, including an existing course of treatment,
is covered from day one
- No limit to frequency of claims – any number of claims may be submitted, although reimbursement is available within the limits and regulations set
out in the plan benefit schedule
- Worldwide cover
- Cover for accident and sports injury
All corporate dental insurance plans are available for employees up to the age of 65 and spouses/partners and dependent children.